Friday, September 09, 2016

Sole Bay Jazz Night…

Last evening at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham… the Sole Bay Jazz Band plus guests played for a smaller audience than usual, maybe holidays or in the case of illness, I would like to know how you are please if you could contact me, you know who you are!

Again as last week only my very own opinion I think the band has had  better nights however some great solo pieces and Hannah made her debut singing with the Sole Bay which a lot of people really enjoyed, nice to see younger people coming along enjoying the jazz…we also had Allan and Tony singing.

I still prefer Doris Day or Kathy Kirby version of Secret Love but again that is just me…some different choices of music last evening some great and some a little less may I say!! However that is what live music is all about. A few jokes from Allan amused some people as well. 

We are so lucky to have live music every Thursday evening and some great talent, so a good night out for the price of a raffle ticket (or several) and a good bar, so hope to see a few more people coming along to enjoy it all, and support the Band.

Maybe the smell of the e cigs did make the night uncomfortable for me because I do suffer an allergy, glad and sorry I am not the only one they affect!

Thanks to Heidi smiling as usual, Clover and Chris for doing the raffle, you did well considering the amount of people, nice to see some faces that have not seen in a while! and of course the 'boys' for folding the tickets.

The photos are rather vivid with the coloured shirts! but gay…



Great drumming Craig a star I must say…your fan club loving it. 

2 comments:

June Fisher said...

I thought it was a really great night of music and fun. I love the unrehearsed side of the evening.It would have been worth coming last night just to hear Tony play 'Tangerine'.It was pure Tommy Dorsey.I hope you describing Hannah's appearance as her 'debut' means that we might hear her on a regular basis.If we do then I am sure it would add to our audience. She was just what we need and everybody that I spoke to at the end felt the same. Les

Alifan said...

So pleased you enjoyed it all les, as I stated it was just my opinion, and yes I loved Tony playing that, several great solos as I said.
From what Tim said looks like you will be hearing Hannah again…